Thursday, August 13, 2009

Parent's Joy

Wednesday and Thursday of last week Carley came home from daycare in different clothes than she was dropped off in due to what we call "blow outs". Saturday evening Carley ended up with a fever and diarrhea. Saturday night, during the middle of the night, she ended up pooping and it leaked all over her, the crib, and her blanket. Not a lot of fun at all. She got rid of the fever Sunday evening but still had the diarrhea so I kept her home Monday. Took her to daycare Tuesday to find out that 1/2 the class also had diarrhea (so it wasn't just us). I picked her up Tuesday in the same outfit that she was dropped off in. I got so excited!!! I got a few strange looks from the other kids but the parents understood. This morning looked more like a normal diaper. Yeah for normal diapers. Believe me when I say I didn't understand the excitement of things like this until I became a parent, but you get so happy over the small things in life.

So now I will move on to better things...Jarrod, Carley, and I have stayed busy this summer. Besides a family reunion one weekend I'm not sure that I could pinpoint specific adventures that we have been on besides the times that we were able to visit with family and friends. I think that gives us more joy that going off for a weekend by ourselves. At this point I think we have something planned every weekend for the rest of August and September, then on to getting hunting stuff ready in October, hunting season starts in November and December is always busy. So I guess we are going to have a busy rest of the year. I will stop in and give you some updates though.

Hope everyone is doing well!!!

2 comments:

  1. You never thought poop would be such a fascinating topic of conversation huh? ha! Sarah got full custody, so now it just depends on her getting a job, so I'm not exactly sure! You are so sweet to offer...hey it would give you a good idea of what having more kids would entail! JK! I'm really doing good, just about 3 more weeks and I should be able to pick my kids up! Yipppeee! Thats been the hardest part, I love to hold & cuddle them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy you have a blog! Your little girl is so precious!

    ReplyDelete