Wednesday, August 19, 2009

God IS at work!!!

On Monday Jarrod and I were able to meet up with a friend for lunch. We had a nice conversation but at one point we were talking about our kids and our walks with God. He was saying that his wife does not feel as though she is as close to God as she would like because she is so busy with the kids. He then explained how he told her that she is walking closer to God than she thinks. He explained it like this...sometimes a child sits in the floor and pitches a fit because they can't do something or something didn't go their way. The next minute you are telling them not to do something (for their own good) but they continue to do it because they don't know better or they are looking for a response. Either way, that is how God is looking at us. He gives us all the guidelines and all the mechanics to follow him and do what is right but we still continue to do what we want to do then sit in the floor and pitch a fit because it is not what WE wanted.

This was just another lesson learned for me and now every time Carley pitches a fit I wonder what I have done to make God look at me like I look at Carley.

Enjoy the rest of the week!!!

1 comment:

  1. Very cool way of looking at it...I think I have pitched lots of fits! HA! Thankful God is so patient. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete